Friday, April 25, 2014

One of the best days of my life - Day 2 in Sydney

Nothing beats waking up to the morning sun. It was 6:30 in the morning when I opened by eyes and greeted by the sunbeams shining through the window.


It was my plan for today:

Drummoyne --> Darling Habour --> Taronga Zoo --> Manly Beach --> Watsons Bay --> Darling Habour ---> Sea Life Aquarium --> Bondi Beach --> Drummoyne

Yes I know it was ...errr....overwhelming... lol

At the Drummoyne wharf

The Taronga zoo was just opened when I got there, however I was apparently the only one awake.
Wake up, buddies!!
No trip to Australia is complete without meeting a Koala.
Spot the Koala

This little fellow was way too energetic. He kept zooming around in a circle I couldn't properly see his face.

This is how he should look like..lol

According to my very unrealistic plan I have to leave the zoo before noon. However I was obviously having too much fun and it was already 1:00 pm when I finally hopped on a ferry to Manly.

I didn't expect the Manly area to be so busy. I was expecting something like Taronga Zoo but I was terribly wrong. There were shops, restaurants, supermarket etc... you name it.  And it reminded me of the Stanley Market in Hong Kong but of course, 20 times its size. 

This kid on the left sang like a pro!!

I did a little bit of research on Sydney's beaches and I knew the Manly beach should be beautiful. But it was out of my imagination to be this beautiful...


I can be here for hours <3

and...er....hot...lol
*blush*

I was already starving when I left Manly so the first thing I did when I have reached the Watsons Bay was to eat. I didn't know if I should call it lunch or tea.

This salad was extremely good. I literally finished it in 5 mins.
There was a beach at Watsons Bay as well but it was not particularly impressive. It was "the Gap" that I was after. I got there after a 10 mins walk from the wharf and the only word that came to my mind was

"Woooooooow..."


Where the sea meets the sky

It was already nearly 4 in the afternoon so I couldn't possibly go back to the Darling Harbour for the aquarium without missing the Bondi Beach. The sea or the aquarium? The sea! Of course!

The Watsons Bay and the Bondi Beach was (sort of) connected and I *believed* it couldn't be wrong to keep moving south. So here my adventure to the Bondi Beach began.


Despite my numerous attempts to climb this rock, I failed. So I decided to take a picture of it instead LOL


And it turned out to be an unbelievably scenic walk...



I later found out it was the Macquarie lighthouse, the oldest lighthouse in Australia, that I have unintentionally passed by...



It was around 5 when I finally got to the Bondi Beach, and my experience there was so pleasant I have to call it one of the best days of my life.



A heartwarming scene

The sand was so soft. The beach was so beautiful.

Too cute <3

I stayed there for more than 2 hours. I walked around, played with the sand, and finally sat down facing the sea when the night closed in.


 Then I gazed at the stars, listening to "the Moon Song" from the movie "Her".


I was suspended in the beautiful solitude and it was beyond words. I can only share with you the song that I was listening to at the beach and hopefully you can feel what I felt...

 

I am ending this day's entry with a video that I took at the Bondi Beach. I have watched it 20 times myself <3



No comments:

Post a Comment