Saturday, August 2, 2014

Awesome Saturday under HKD 150

I am going to share with you one of my favorite Saturday routine. If you enjoy reading, healthy meals and scenic walks as much as I do, you will definitely love Discovery Bay. It's totally affordable too!

5 things that I enjoy in Discovery Bay

#1 The Ferry

I know, the ferry is expensive (HKD 40). But it's definitely one of the most comfortable ferry rides in Hong Kong. It's quiet, clean, spacious with free wifi. And I loooove to read on the ferry. Oftentimes the 30 mins feels like a second when I get myself so absorbed in the book.

#2 The Animals

I think there are almost as many dogs in Discovery Bay as humans. From cute furry balls to giant bulldogs, you can find them everywhere. More importantly, the owners are usually very friendly and wouldn't mind you playing with their pets. 


#3 The Food

Life Cafe is my all time favorite restaurant in the universe. I go there at least once a week, either the one in Central or this one in Discovery Bay. They serve healthy, organic, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free food that tastes like heaven. The place is relaxed and cozy, you can easily spend an hour or two here reading your favorite book.

Below is my lunch today: small mixed salad and sugar-free chocolate truffle. Yum yum yum.




#4 The Beach

I guess I don't have to say much about this one. The picture is self-explanatory.




#5 The Inspiration

The place is so beautiful you can take snapshots that look like postcards everywhere. Quoting Justin Kleon, the author of "Steal like an artist", here is the place where you can steal from the nature

(Book review of "Steal like an artist" is underway. I have recently become a fan of Austin Kleon, by the way :-P)



*****************************************************************************

And here is a tip for you: 

If you spend more than HKD 100 in Discovery Bay you can have a free ferry ticket that takes you back to Central. But you have to make sure you are seated at the restaurant after 12 p.m. 

In my opinion the best way to do this is to order a small mixed salad at Life Cafe for HKD 60, and a fresh pressed juice or coffee for HKD 35 plus 10% service charge, total HKD 104.5. Adding the HKD 40 ferry fare to Discovery Bay, you only need HKD 144.5 for a perfect weekend afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment